About the Program
World Wildlife Fund Canada is the country's largest conservation organization, with a mission to reverse the decline of wildlife. WWF Canada's Living Planet @ Campus program encourages students in the practice of sustainability and the protection of nature on campus and beyond.
How to Become a Living Planet Leader
The Living Planet Leader Certification is a self-guided designation program that recognizes student contributions to a more sustainable campus and community. Students must complete actions in four categories to quality for a Living Planet Leader designation, part of WWF Canada's Living Planet program, including:
- Local on campus activities, community or global volunteerism
- Personal application of sustainability
- Application of sustainability in academics
- Teamwork and Leadership
The program is an opportunity for students to gain valuable leadership skills and boost their professional resume or LinkedIn profile. Students will be listed on WWF's Living Planet Leader website upon certification.
To get started:
- Register as a Living Planet Leader with Living Planet @ Campus
- Track your progress and record your efforts on your Living Planet Leader profile
- Submit your completed application within 3 months after your final academic term
WWF Designing for a Living Planet - Student Conference
WWF's Designing for a Living Planet annual student conference will be held in March 2020, and each University/College campus will have a team; 4 students will be selected to represent York University.
Application Deadline: February 17 at 11:59 PM EST
Application process can be found on the WWF Website
Conference date and location
Saturday March 14, 2020 (all-day, exact timings to come), in person, at our WWF Toronto, Ontario, (410 Adelaide Street W, Suite 400)